Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year from Taipei

All my friends and family who read this blog and those who don't as well, I wish you all a very happy new year and hope that the year to come is filled with good things for everyone.

I watched the fireworks tonight fly out of Taipei 101, the tallest building in the world according to many, standing on a downtown street in Taipei surrounded by thousands of people who had come from all over Taiwan and in some cases the world. I headed down there with a large group from the hostel which became somewhat segmented leading up to the fireworks display. It was a fitting crowd with which to spend my first New Years Eve outside the US. Japan, Canada, Korea, Australia, the US and other countries were all represented and so fitting with the company I've been keeping these last few months as I traveled. Although I was not really up for a giant evening drinking, I was happy tonight and did enjoy the company and the fireworks display. As I watched it, I reflected on the things I've done for the last 3 months and I am pretty pleased with all I have seen and experienced. This was a more challenging thing than I anticipated and I have learned a lot. I have also met interesting people and made new friends from all over the world. I feel very fortunate and grateful for having had this chance to travel this way and see just one more piece of this amazing world we live in. Miss you all and will you see one day again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home